Candidates advocate for dynamic school library programs and positive learning
environments that focus on student learning and achievement by collaborating and
connecting with teachers, administrators, librarians, and the community. Candidates are committed to continuous learning and professional growth and lead professional development activities for other educators. Candidates provide leadership by articulating ways in which school libraries contribute to student achievement. -ALA/AASL Standards for Initial Preparation of School Librarians
- Article Critique- Standing in a Corner: The Access Gap in Rural Communities
- Critique of an article about the need for school librarians to advocate for equitable technology access for rural students
- Open House Presentation
- This is a presentation that I would give at an open house to let parents know about our library program.
- Professional Learning for Teacher Librarians- Utilizing the Resources Available to Create a Personal Learning Network
- Literature review of the literature surrounding the problem of isolation felt by teacher librarians and the solution presented by Personal Learning Networks
- The Case for Coteaching infographic
- This infographic serves as a tool to help librarians advocate for their value as coteachers.